A. International Teachers
- Reception/Prep (Early Years) Lead teacher (begin July 2018)
- Grade 1 Lead teacher (begin July 2018)
Semarang Multinational School is the fastest growing international school in Semarang. We are always on the lookout for experienced teachers with a passion for education. All our teachers have experience in international/western teaching methods, are able to evidence student learning outcomes, to plan and implement student-centred and inquiry-based learning programmes, and have an understanding of the use of assessment for learning.
Semarang Multinational School is in its 36th year of operation. We are a community-owned school, run by a parent Board, and as such we have a reputation for having an open, friendly and family-orientated community. As a community-based school, we can put the students first, and we have a strong and active parent association.
Each classroom has two teachers – one ‘international’ (typically expatriate) and one local teacher – who work together to provide quality educational program that integrate local content and global understandings. Our students are a mix of Indonesian and other nationalities. All subjects are taught in English, with the exception of Mandarin and Bahasa Indonesia language classes. Programs/curricula that we follow:
- International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC)
- International Primary Curriculum (IPC)
- International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC)
- Cambridge Primary and Secondary
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- Duke of Edinburgh International Award
For more about our school and curriculum, flick through the pages in our website.
Semarang is a relatively small city in Central Java, with around 2 million people. It is on the northern coast, and the city moves from sea-level up until the foothills of large, dormant volcanoes! It is a very green city, and easy to get around, with plenty of indoor (dining and bars, sports clubs) and outdoor (trekking, camping, cycling) activities. Yogyakarta, and the temples of Borobudur and Prambanan, are a few hours away. Renown diving and snorkeling is a boat ride away at the islands of Karimunjawa.
We expect all our full-time teachers to be certified. Applicants must also be under 54 years of age and hold at least a Bachelors degree.
Employment package benefits include a flight home each year, insurances, transport to and from school, tuition for dependents, and individual housing. Families are welcome! Employment contracts are initially 2 years long, and on average teachers hired from overseas extend their contracts at least once.
As an educator, if you think you can meet or exceed our expectations, we look forward to hearing from you.
Candidates may apply in 2 ways:
- directly to the Principal, Mr. Cam Woods – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit as a teacher at SMS and why you would like to live and work in Indonesia.
- Current Resume/CV
- by completing our application process on Schrole – just follow the link on this page. If you do not see any current vacancies that suit your experience, you are welcome to register for upcoming positions.
B. Team Teachers (Indonesian)
No available vacancies at this time.
C. Office Staff
For further info please visit our vacancies on JobStreet.co.id