High School Science Teacher
Semarang Multinational School (SMS) is seeking a Science teacher for its High School (Grades 7-10) programs. This is for a January 2020 start. Suitably qualified and experienced local teachers will be considered. Foreign teachers seeking to work on a local-hire contract and package may also apply.
The position will be appropriately renumerated for the level of experience, speciality and qualifications being sought.
The role will involve teaching Science classes for the Cambridge Secondary 1 Curriculum that integrate with the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), and International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) courses. It will also involve duties as a homeroom teacher, teaching STEM classes in the Primary and High school, and typical school duties. The successful candidate needs to be able to be fluent in English, and to work without a lab assistant.
SMS is well-established and in its 4th decade of operation, and currently caters for learners from pre-school to the IGCSE level. SMS is an inquiry- and concept-based learning school, and implements the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), Cambridge Primary & Secondary curricula (including ‘checkpoints’) for Years 1-8, and the IGCSE in Years 9-10. We prepare students for the Usian National examinations at Grades 6, 9 and 12.
- Experience with international curricula, and with inquiry curricula design, development and implementation
- Teaching qualification and certification in Science
- Science teaching experience in a Secondary school setting
- Proven ability to effectively work within a team
- At least 4 years relevant teaching experience
- If a non-native speaker of English, evidence of fluency in written, spoken and read English (eg. Tertiary qualifications fro English-based course, IELTS grade, TEFL grade)
- A criminal record clear of any charges or convictions relating to children, and working with them
- An English-language-based international qualification in education, that can allow teacher registration in an English-speaking country
- Experience and qualification to teach at the IGCSE level and above
- Experience in an international school setting
- A coherent, proven, accessible and teachable approach to Science, and Scientific literacy and analysis, for Middle and Senior High School students
Please contact the Principal, Mr Cam Woods, at email@example.com to enquire or to apply.
B. Office Staff
For further info please visit our vacancies on JobStreet.co.id